On my way home, I heard the news that the movie Lorax, based on Dr. Seuss book, was the top film in the U.S. and Canada for a second weekend. In case you are interested in buying the book, I suggest you consider buying the Lorax app instead. It is not just because the App costs $3.99, half the price for the book (just checked on Amazon). The app offers so much more than the paper book.
The app is designed by Oceanhouse Media, a company you can trust. The app maintained the original illustrations, professional narrations and great background audio.
Each single word is highlighted as the narrator reads the story, helping children connect the written with the spoken word. You can tap the text, the whole page will be read again. Unlike most other Oceanhouse Media book apps, you cannot have single word be repeated.
Three ways to use the app:
- ”Read to Me” – listen to the narrated story with words highlighted as they are read
- ”Read it Myself” – read the book in its traditional form
- ”Auto Play” – plays like a movie, automatically reading and turning pages. Great for younger children!
- Picture/Word association – words zoom up and are spoken when pictures are touched
- Professional audio narration
- Custom background audio for each scene
- Pages pan & zoom to accentuate the beautiful, original art of Dr. Seuss
- This ‘Universal App’ is optimized for both iPhone and iPad
For $3.99, it is a good value. Check it out at App Store.
If you would like to check it out or purchase it, please use the link provided. The cost is the same to you, but iGameMom gets a small percentage. Thanks for your support!