Timeline Eons is an app that displays major events throughout the history of the world. All events are organized along the timeline. You can choose to zoom the timeline to see more events during a certain time period. Most events have pictures. Tap on each single event will bring up more detailed information of that event. If you are connected to the internet, the app will also bring up the auto search results of the event in Google or Wikipedia.
The app’s search function, located at the bottom of the screen, allows you to search for a year, an event, or a place. The free version of the app allows access to all the timelines for the first ten days that you use it. After the first ten days you’re limited to 1950 to the present. The full version gives you unlimited access of full-range of the timeline, starting from the Big Bang to future projections.
Features available on the free version:
• Scrollable and editable time range that can span trillions of years into both the past and the future.
• Zoomable timeline that can display dates and times in units of your choice: year, day, hour.
• Extensive and wide-ranging events from the Big Bang and evolution, to historical events and future projections.
• Concise and fun facts with links to additional external resources.
• Includes Natural History, World History, U.S. History, Science & Technology, Art & Architecture, and Sports.
• Self-contained app with optional RSS updates to automatically receive new events.
• Options to turn on or off certain event categories to display on the timeline.
• Optional Today in History to discover what happened on the same calendar day.
Additional features on the full version:
• Management tools to add your own events, such as birthdays, graduations, new careers. Users can also edit or delete these custom events.
• Anniversary reminders for birthdays, special occasions, and significant events.
• Export and import functions to share events with other devices.
• Can be used as a diary, project management tool, wedding planning, and much more.
• No banner ads (more rendering space).
Timeline Eons is a very useful history app. Users can look up events happened at certain time to get a feel about the historical time period they are interested in learning. What I really like about this app is the users can add their own events, either historical events in a certain area of interest, such as chemistry, Jazz, or swimming; or some personal milestones, such as birthdays, weddings, and graduations. This gives the users the opportunities to put their own interested events within the broad historical background, which for sure will provide unexpected perspectives.
Both free and full versions work on iPhone, iPod and iPAD. The full version is $8.99 at App store. If you are not sure about the full version, you can download the free version first. The free version gives you 10 days access of full timeline range. If you like the full range version, you can upgrade to full version within your free app.
If you would like to check it out or purchase it, please use the App Store button provided below. The cost is the same to you, but iGameMom gets a small percentage. Thanks for your support! Note: The button works for all countries.
Free Full ($8.99)