Preschool Genius Math Booster Zoo is a math app designed for preschool kids to learn fundamental math concepts. With this animal math game for preschool, kids play with the animals in a fun environment, count, compare, and learn.
There are 12 games in the app covering various math skills, 3 are free.
1. Counting: kids count the number of animals run into the screen. The numbers range from 1 to 10.
2. Who is Missing: This is a pattern game. Kids have to observe the pattern and identify the animal that fits in the empty spot in the pattern.
3. Which Group is Bigger: Kids need count the number of animals in two groups and decide which group has more animals.
4. Who Am I: Kids will see several animals on the screen and answer questions like “Which one is the pig?”
5. Addition: Kids add the numbers of the two groups of animals together to find out how many animals in total are there.
6. Subtraction: How many animals left when a group of them left? It is a subtraction game with the animals.
7. Missing Number: A pattern game with numbers. Kids identify the number that fits the empty spot in in the line-up of numbers.
8. Animal Match: kids will see several animals on the screen, and they have to match the pairs of the same animals together.
9. Hide and Seek: Kids will see animals on the screen, then hidden behind the curtains. Kids’ job is to remember where the animals were, and find them behind the curtains.
10. Shape Ninja: Kids must identify and swipe the correct shape as they are tossed in the air. It requires good hand-eye coordination, as the accuracy and timing of the swipes are important.
11. What Shape Am I: Kids are asked to pick the correct shape by called out shape names.
12. Balance the Seesaw: A different way to compare numbers. Kids need put equal number of animals on both sides of the seesaw to make sure it is balanced.
The game interface is simple. With the verbal instruction, preschool kids can easily follow the instructions and play the games on their own. The art work is realistic, and if you swipe the background you will be able to see different parts of the surroundings, and the animals will walk to stay within your view. There are some interactive elements on the screen which add some fun in the game, but could also be a distraction.
If you have a preschooler, this is a great app offering playful learning activities to the kids, especially if the child likes animals.
Preschool Genius Math Booster Zoo is available for iPhone, iPod and iPad. It is also available for Android on Amazon and Google Play. It is free to download, with 3 games free. The full package is available via In-App Purchase for $2.99.
If you would like to check it out or purchase it, please use the App Store link provided below. The cost is the same to you, but iGameMom gets a small percentage. Thanks for your support! Note: The link works for all countries.