Lazoo art box is a coloring book app created by PBS kids. This app offers a fun and interactive way for children to express their creativity and adds a new twist to a traditional coloring app. Art is a fundamental component of development and allows children to explore their creative side and encourage self-expression. Art can also help developing minds and personalities reach an even greater potential by empowering imagination. Tablets offer a great mess-free option to the world of art. It doesn’t replace hands on activities but can be an great tool to use while on the go or when those hands-on materials aren’t available.
Lazoo art makes your child’s artwork come to life. After your child has created or scribbled a design, just press the play button and watch those colorful lines dance across the screen. The main menu has five different options for coloring or drawing:
1. Let’s Squiggle! has templates along side clip-art that your child can trace and then watch the images come to life and move along the lines and squiggles your child drew
2. Let’s Color! offers coloring shapes and images for your child to color, much like coloring sheets or books
3. Let’s Draw! lets your child draw along side objects and animals to create a fun animated scene
4. Blank page is an open screen that lets your child’s imagination completely run free
5. Camera uses your device’s camera to take a self portrait or picture of an object that your child can then draw on and create shapes
Once your child has figured out the basics of this app it is great to sit back and watch what their little minds create. This is a great tool to spark conversation or ask questions about their specific drawing. And unlike other coloring apps this one incorporates movement and helps to use the full potential of technology to integrate their lines and scribbles into fun interactive motion. This app is great for a wide range of ages from preschool through school age.
Lazoo Art Box is available on iPhone, iPod and iPad. It is $1.99 on App Store.
If you would like to check it out or purchase it, please use the App Store link provided below. The cost is the same to you, but iGameMom gets a small percentage. Thanks for your support! Note: The link works for all countries.
Looking for more art apps for kids? Check out the Best Drawing Learning Tools for Kids
Today’s app is reviewed by Daisy Simpson. Daisy is a proud mom to an active boy and twin girls, and works part-time in a hospital where she utilizes technology in her work with helping kids cope in the medical setting. Her family loves being outdoors experiencing all Minnesota has to offer.