Here is another FREE book app for you. What I like the most about this app is the option to choose among 7 languages, and each is read and written professionally.
A twist of ‘The little Red Riding Hood’ story, Mr.Wolf and the Ginger Cupcakes “transports the reader in a whimsical world where all sorts of funky characters cohabit in harmony at the sound of dreamy jazz music”. ‘Red Hood’ went to Grandma’s with Ginger Cupcakes. Mr.Wolf is a vegetarian and tricks Grandma with a free bingo ticket so he can play a chess game with the little girl. Just as Mr. Wolf wins at chess and is about to enjoy the ginger cupcakes, a passing entomologist bursts in, believes the little girl is in danger. All he finds out is everything is ok.
- Read to Me: You can listen to the story be professionally read to you. You can choose one of the seven languages offered. When you change the language choice, both the reading and the written words are changed correspondingly. However, the pop ups are always in English.
- Read it Myself: You read the story like a real book.
- Pop up Tap and Discover: On each page, you can touch the pictures and some short sentences or words may pop up, sharing the character’s thoughts, such as “I wish I can eat the cupcake”. On each page there are multiple spots that you can have these “tap and popup” interaction.
- Seven languages to choose from: English, Italian, French, Chinese (traditional), Chinese (simplified), Japanese, and Spanish.
- 34 pages illustrated in watercolor and pencils by acclaimed Australian Illustrator Lucia Masciullo.
Who is this app for:
This is a good bed time book app. The illustration is beautiful, the music is soothing, and the story has a happy ending.
It is not designed for kids to learn reading. The fond is beautiful, but could be hard for young children to recognize the letters. There is no word-highlight while it is read. When you tap the word, the whole page will be re-read. You cannot have a single word be repeated.
Overall, it is a good book, with multiple language options. It can be potentially a learning tool for bi-lingual kids, or for someone who is trying to learn a new language. It is FREE.