≡ Menu
≡ Categories

How to Choose Kids Friendly iPAD Cases?

Kid-friendly iPAD Case

A while ago, I reviewed three baby-friendly iPAD cases.  For babies, the cases must have drop protection and water proof.  For older kids, there will be less drools or spills (they still happen, but are more manageable if you set up good house rules, such as no drinks while using iPAD).  Today I recommend three iPAD cases for older kids.  All these three cases have good drop protections, but offer no water proof.

Gripcase ($40): the case is made of shock absorbent foam with the built-in “crumple zones” absorbing the energy created during an impact.  In addition to the sides and corners, it also has protections on the back of the iPAD.  It is a little bulky, but it is really good for drop protection.  It is also easy for the small hands to grab and carry the iPAD around.Kid-friendly iPAD Case

Big Grips Frame ($35): made of thick and soft foam.  Although there is no “crumple zone”, it still has pretty good shock absorption.  There is no protection on the back though.  Overall drop protection is not as good as Gripcase, but should be enough for school age kids.

M-Edge Supershell Protective Case ($35): wraps around the iPAD – sides, corners and back.  There are openings for rear facing camera and speaker and all ports and buttons.

All three cases don’t have screen cover.  If you are concerned about spills or drools, you can consider a Screen Protector.

If you would like to check it out or purchase it, please use the Amazon link provided below.  The cost is the same to you, but iGameMom gets a small percentage. Thanks for your support!

Like to receive future articles for FREE?   Sign Up Below!

Like to have future articles delivered to your inbox for free?

{ 21 comments… add one }

• Mary Catherine November 2, 2012, 5:36 pm

Thanks for the ideas! I appreciate that you narrowed it down to 3 — makes it easier to figure out what would work best for me and my kiddo.

• iGameMom November 2, 2012, 8:59 pm

You are welcome. Hope you find one that works for both of you.

• wendy mccance October 28, 2012, 7:33 pm

This was a great article!!

• iGameMom October 30, 2012, 11:29 am

Thank you. Glad you find it helpful.

• T Reddy October 27, 2012, 11:52 am

Nice post! Thanks for highlighting these, sometimes you can get bogged down by all the accessories and this makes it easier to choose one that is right. T

• iGameMom October 27, 2012, 2:43 pm

I went through over 20 cases. Some look cute, but not very functional; some are good in one function, but not in others. These three are the ones I feel pretty good about. I hope my work can save other parents some time. I am glad to hear it is helpful.

• Josh Martin October 26, 2012, 11:59 pm

I love this article. I think we’ll try the “grip case”.

• iGameMom October 27, 2012, 2:21 pm

Thanks for liking the recommendation. Now I feel good about all the research of over 20 different cases! :-)

• Sweta October 26, 2012, 10:27 pm

Very well said and explain. I am glad I came across your website.

• Sunit October 26, 2012, 2:11 am

Oh, and I know this was meant for the iPad..And I will be using your tips for that..but it made me realize I also could use a cover for my phone:)

• iGameMom October 26, 2012, 9:59 am

Most of the cases also have corresponding product for phone, you should check out! Here is one example: iPhone Case

• Sunit October 26, 2012, 2:10 am

I have twin 8 month olds who love my phone and they love to put it in their mouth! I had never even considered a case for it! Thanks for the tips!

• 21stcenturyrenaissancegirl October 25, 2012, 7:00 pm

Great tips, not just for kids either. Klutzy adults like me can benefit too! :)

• iGameMom October 26, 2012, 1:04 am

Funny you mention it. Tonight I met a friend, who I have not seen for a long time. When he pulled out his phone to get my contact info, I saw the covering glass is quite broken. Amazed the phone is still functioning. I should’ve told him to read my reviews … :-)

• Caitlin October 25, 2012, 5:22 pm

I am going to pass your recs along to my school. We are phasing in iPads and the type of cover is one of our big decisions!

• iGameMom October 26, 2012, 12:58 am

Thank you for sharing my reviews!
      My son’s school starts using iPAD this year. There are already two iPAD broken, both by accident. Now the school is offering an insurance program, quite few families bought the insurance. It is $50/year. Thinking about it now, a good iPAD case, working for more than a year with less than $50, probably is a better choice.

• Naomi October 25, 2012, 3:40 pm

aww, I wish I’d thought to look here before I bought a case. I went with the Trident which was $100…

• iGameMom October 26, 2012, 12:46 am

Trident is a great case also. It has water-proof, you are fully protected! You did pay a little more, but you know you are protected!

• Tina October 25, 2012, 9:49 am

Is it ever too late to learn, we have went through 4 iPods and 1 iPad because of mishaps :( I REALLY NEED a protector!

• iGameMom October 26, 2012, 12:42 am

No, it is never too late. Now you know! :-)