Real Friends vs. the Other Kind – A Realistic Guide

Real Friend vs. the Other Kind

Real Friends vs. The Other Kind is the 2nd book app in the Middle school confidential series.  As the title suggests, this book app addresses friendships among middle school kids.  What is a real friend?  What do you mean when you call someone friend?  What do you do if a friend gets her way all the time?  What do you do if a friend ask you do something you don’t want to? … These are all real questions from real life.  Just like the first app, Real friends vs. the Other Kind teaches kids the skills they need for their everyday life.  It is so practical, that everyone who’s gone through teenage period can relate to the characters and stories.

In addition to the story, this app also offers multiple-choice quizzes after certain chapters.  Upon finishing the quiz, kids get immediate feedback on their choices under different scenarios.  This is a good reinforcement on the skills learned from the stories.Real Friends vs. the Other Kind

At the end of the app, there is an “About the Cast” section.  Here the readers get to know the characters in the story a little more.  For example, Jack is good at sports, but not so good at expressing feeling.  I suggest reading this section first before starting the story.  It helps the kids understand why each character reacts the way he/she does in the stories.

iGameMom Comments:
Teenage years are tough. A book teaching kids how to handle everyday issues, in real life scenario and relevant language, Real friends vs. the Other Kind is a good go-to resource for kids this age, and their parents.

The book app is design for kids age 8 to 14.  It works on iPhone, iPod, and iPAD. It is $2.99 on App Store.

iGameMom has a promocode only works for today.  I will randomly pick someone who left a comment below this post, and email the code to that person.  If you are interested, make sure to leave a comment, check your email before 2pm, and use the code TODAY!   the winner is thesalemgarden! Congrats!

If you would like to check it out or purchase it, please use the App Store button provided below. The cost is the same to you, but iGameMom gets a small percentage.  Thanks for your support! Note: The button works for all countries.
Middle School Confidential 2: Real Friends vs. the Other Kind - Electric Eggplant

It is also available on Android ($2.99), Kindle ($6.72), and Nook ($2.99).  If you prefer a print book, you can find it Here ($9.99).

Like to receive future articles for FREE?   Sign Up Below!

{ 25 comments… read them below or add one }

Hendrik April 22, 2014 at 3:30 am

Fantastic products from you, man. Ive exmnaie your stuff ahead of and youre just as nicely amazing. I enjoy what youve got right here, adore what youre stating as well as the way you say it. You make it entertaining and you even now manage to support retain it wise. I cant wait around to go through additional from you. That is really an incredible weblog.

beautyexpressed October 22, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Thank you for your activity on my blog, first off. Saying that, I have looked over some of your posts. I don’t see too much tailored to a person like me personally, but I will be sure to follow just in case. I have seen a few things I could show to my friends, mentors and others. Altogether a place of great resources, I appreciate what you are doing!

kat October 17, 2012 at 9:48 am

like. (btw, have you considered adding a Like button to the blog?)

iGameMom October 23, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Guess I need spend sometime figuring out. The template I am using doesn’t have a like button. ^-^

Johanna van Zanten October 16, 2012 at 10:32 pm

hi, Great idea for an app. Thanks for liking my last blog post. Kids need all the help that they can get.
Johanna

Becky October 16, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Is there a way to demo the app? I am always on the search for technology based learning for my classroom. I would like to explore this series a bit more closely.

iGameMom October 17, 2012 at 12:44 am

If you go to the app website, you will see the video demo. If you don’t see it right away after you get on the site, Scroll down a little, it is in the middle of the whole page.

Sandi October 16, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Enjoyed poking around your blog! So much info available…a sure sign of a busy mom! Will be back. Thanks for stopping by my blog and ‘liking’ me. You’re hip, cool, with it. I’m ancient history. Just goes to show there’s room for everyone!

iGameMom October 17, 2012 at 1:08 am

If it goes back 8 months in time, I did not know any thing about apps, thinking they were just games. But since I looked into it, I see a lot educational potentials in apps. Worth spending sometime on. You never know, you probably will find something for yourself. :-)

Kathy October 16, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Thanks for this — my kids are always in need of social maps, and being on the iPad makes it cool.

iGameMom October 17, 2012 at 1:02 am

It is great that kids will read it. My son likes it a lot.

21stcenturyrenaissancegirl October 16, 2012 at 4:14 pm

I wish there had been a book like this when I was in middle school, although obviously, it wouldn’t have been an app, since I was in middle school when the Egyptians were building the Pyramids! :)

iGameMom October 17, 2012 at 1:01 am

I wish the same. It actually bring back my memory of my own middle school years… something like this app would’ve been very helpful.

Nikki October 16, 2012 at 2:42 pm

I think this is a fresh new way to address issues tweens face. Great idea!

iGameMom October 17, 2012 at 12:58 am

Yes, it is amazing how technology can help teaching and learning!

Annie Fox October 16, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Thank you so much for this thoughtful review of my app. I really appreciate your letting parents of tweens and teens know that even though navigating the waters of middle school can be super challenging (especially with all the Social Garbage that’s floating in those waters… online and off) there is help and support. My app (and the books in the same Middle School Confidential series) were especially written and designed with love and compassion for 8-14 years. It ain’t easy being t(w)een, but we’re here to help!

iGameMom October 17, 2012 at 12:56 am

It is clear you have been working with kids this age a lot. All the stories are so real and the advice is so practical that kids can use them right away. Great App!

kalamitykelli October 16, 2012 at 12:50 pm

What a great book! And so timely with the current “bullying” issues at hand.

iGameMom October 17, 2012 at 12:54 am

In addition to bully, it covers a lot more about peer relationships.

thesalemgarden October 16, 2012 at 11:15 am

this looks like a great virtual stocking stuffer for my 13 year old! Thanks!!

iGameMom October 16, 2012 at 2:46 pm

You won the app! Please check your email and use the code today, before it expires.

mimiswardrobe October 16, 2012 at 9:01 am

This looks like a great idea. It’s applicable to a lot more than middle schoolers!

iGameMom October 17, 2012 at 12:53 am

You are right. In fact, my ten year old likes it too.

Lisa October 16, 2012 at 8:56 am

I have two teenagers. We just finished reading the book “Preparing your son for every mans battle. ” The book focuses on sexual purity and friendship. This looks like a nice compliment to this book. THanks for posting.

iGameMom October 17, 2012 at 12:52 am

It is a great book with practical advice. Kids won’t feel be talked to.

{ 5 trackbacks }