Be Confident In Who You Are is a graphic novel targeted at kids 8-14 years old. It addresses topics such as self-consciousness, stress, bullying, fitting in, body image, and sticky issues in friendships. All these issues are presented in an age appropriate manner. The language, story setting, and the solutions the characters come up are all from real life that kids can relate to. There are 8 chapters in the book, each focusing on one topic.
As an app, it has nice features:
• Graphic novel format for easy reading
• Page swipe or touch page edges for easy navigation
• Auto-save feature remembers your place in the story
• Info page allows you to jump to the beginning of any of the 8 chapters
• 44 pages of story plus bonus Meet the Cast pages
• Two modes of reading: full-page mode or double-tap to zoom-in for frame-by-frame reading
• Movie-like sound effects and music (enhanced sound in zoomed-in mode)
There are not many apps for tweens and teens. This is one of the good apps that help kids this age to think about their emotions and behavior in new ways and to make more respectful and cooperative choices. I plan to read it with my son.
It works on iPhone, iPod, and iPAD. It is $2.99 at App Store right now.
If you would like to check it out or purchase it, please use the App Store button provided below. The cost is the same to you, but iGameMom gets a small percentage. Thanks for your support! Note: The button works for all countries.