March 2 is Dr.Seuss birthday. For the next two weeks there will be a series of posts and giveaways around Dr.Seuss. Please make sure stop by everyday to discover something new. Also tomorrow will be the first time live connection with Mom’s Library on iGameMom, where parents share learning ideas with each other. Everyone can link up a great learning article to the library, including your own post. Please visit tomorrow around noon for tons of learning ideas and giveaways.
Today’s review is a Dr.Seuss book app, brought to you by Stephen Greene. We don’t have his bio yet, we introduce him next time. Let’s see what Stephen have for us.
One of the recent releases from Oceanhouse Media is a new Dr. Seuss offering Hunches in Bunches. It has all the thrilling rhymes and funny word plays that you would expect from a Dr. Seuss story, along with the distinctive artwork that is almost as famous as the stories. The story follows a young boy and his dog as he tries to figure out what to do with his day. He has a lot of hunches, which all appear in his imagination dressed in outlandish hats as he struggles to find the best outcome, but he just can’t decide which of them to follow. Children will enjoy the rhythm of the poem as well as the ability to touch different parts of the pictures and interact with them.
- Three ways to read: “Read to Me,” “Read it Myself,” and “Auto Play”.
- Picture / Word association — words light up and are spoken when pictures are touched.
- Individual words are highlighted and are read aloud when tapped.
- When a background picture is tapped the word for that picture appears along with the pronunciation.
- Professional audio narration and custom background audio for each scene.
- A record feature enables you to record yourself reading the story and then play it back instead of the professional narration.
- Pages pan & zoom to accentuate the beautiful, original art of Dr. Seuss.
- This ‘Universal App’ is optimized for Retina displays and the iPad.
While the boy in the story eventually decides on which of his hunches to follow, it takes a long time and he seems quite at a loss for a way to decide. After reading this book with your child it might be a good opportunity to talk about how he or she makes choices to arrive at the best decision.
Dr.Seuss Hunches in Bunches is available for iPhone, iPod and iPAD. It is on promotion right now at $3.99 on App Store.
If you would like to check it out or purchase it, please use the App Store link provided below. The cost is the same to you, but iGameMom gets a small percentage. Thanks for your support! Note: The link works for all countries.
iGameMom has a copy of Hunches in Bunches to giveaway, thanks to the developer Oceanhouse Media.
To win the app, please leave a comment at this post, telling us why you want to win this app, make sure to use “Dr.Seuss” in your comment. All entries entered by midnight Mar.1 are eligible to win.
The winner will be randomly picked and announced here at this post on March 2.
The winner is Kathy Muhlhan. Congrats! Enjoy the app.