Bugs and Buttons 2 is a collection of mini games for early learning skills, helping preschool and kindergarten kids gain critical early learning skills with fun games. It is Free for limited time.
There are 18 games in the app. Kids can choose which game they want to play. Each game addresses several early learning skills, such as counting, letter recognition, matching and sorting by various attributes like colors and shapes, fine motor skills, and following directions. If kids do well in the games, they earn stamps to add to their “bug” collections.
Game progress is designed with adaptive learning technology, so kids are kept at their own level based on past performance. This is to ensure kids are always being challenged, yet not feeling frustrated for the games being too difficult or too easy.
I like how creative the learning skills being incorporated into the games. For example, one of the games is Button Repair. Kids have to fix broken buttons by identifying the pair with colors or matching broken lines, and then dragging the pair together to make a complete button again. With a single game, kids learn colors, shapes, observation skills, and fine motor skills.
Here is a quick list of the 18 games that can help kids gain early learning skills:
- Button Repair: match broken buttons back together
- Flashlight Find: search for bugs hidden under buttons
- Bubble Float: help a buttery in a bubble float pass obstacles
- Sort Factory: sort buttons based on color, shape and pattern
- Picnic Invader: stop bugs from stealing picnic food
- Button Count: count the number of buttons
- Ant Herd: take the marching bugs out
- Oddball: select the button that is different from the rest
- Music Match: listen to and repeat a music tune by playing the same keys
- Pond Jumper: help a bug or button jump across a pond by laying lily pads on the path
- Button Match: identify buttons by colors
- RC Racer: a gentle racing game for fine motor skill and hand-eye coordination
- Letter Tank: fill in the missing letter according to defined order
- Guess What: find the right number, shape, color or letter
- Puppet Show: simon-says about body parts
- Defender: aim and shoot a button onto a lilypad
- Number Garden: fly the bee through the garden following the number orders
- Bug Crossing: guide a bug jump through river and busy street filled with bigger bugs and cars
Bugs and Buttons 2 is a fun engaging learning game collection for kids 6 and younger. Kids will have fun playing the games while learning the important early skills.
It is available on iPhone, iPod and iPAD. Usually $2.99, it is currently free on App Store.
If you would like to check it out or purchase it, please use the App Store link provided below. The cost is the same to you, but iGameMom gets a small percentage. Thanks for your support! Note: The link works for all countries.
Great collection of games. its a bit large but after you start playing youll forget about that 🙂
Yes, it is fun, and the size is large too.