Zoo Train is a learning app designed for preschoolers, teaching basic concepts of number sequence, word spelling, shapes, and music. It is from the developer who created the Bug Games, which was reviewed and recommended by iGameMom a while ago. It is now $0.99 with 50% off at App Store.
There are 5 games in the app. All games are with bright pictures, cute animations, fun sounding effects and music.
- Picture Puzzles: Kids move pieces around to fit into the picture outline, such as a butterfly. Once a picture is complete, the corresponding word will be read aloud to help kids learn the word, and a train will move closer toward the train station. The train will arrive at the station when the child completes 5 pictures. The child can then choose a sticker to decorate a suitcase.
- Whistle Music: Eight colorful train whistles are in a row, each one blowing a different note. The child can tap on the whistles to make his/her own music, or he/she can listen to one of four classic children’s songs.
- Train Builder: the kid can design his/her own train by selecting an engine, cargo, and caboose. Once he/she build the train, he/she can choose a background. When all choices are made, the training will come alive. The little ones will have fun watching the train they built running through the settings of their choices.
- Word Builder: A train with several cargoes shows up. Each cargo carries a letter. The child has to match the letters above the train to the letters on the train. When all letters are put together, they form a word, such as “car”. When the child does this correctly, the word is announced, and the train starts running.
- Track Tycoon: The kids must use the train track pieces to build a train track. When the track is completed, the train starts going round on the track.
I like this app a lot. Like Bug Games, all elements in this app integrate very well. Picture, music, animation, sound effects, and games, all are at the right age level. The toddlers will love this app.
It works on iPhone, iPod, and iPAD. It is half price off right now, $0.99 at App Store.
If you would like to check it out or purchase it, please use the link provided. The cost is the same to you, but iGameMom gets a small percentage. Thanks for your support!
Check it out at App Store: US UK Canada Australia
You May Also Like:
Bug Games: a learning app by the same developer of Zoo Train
Toca Doctor: a medical themed puzzle game app for toddlers
TeachMe Toddler: an age appropriate teaching app for toddler to grade 2
Wee Sing & Learn ABC: an app that effectively teaches letters through touching, listening, reading, and singing.
Curious George at the Zoo: kids will learn things about animals
I am so glad you liked my post because it lead me here! As an avid fan of electronics, I am always using my ipad with my daughter to play different games and other learning exercises. This blog is a goldmine! I know that this must be time consuming, so I would really like to express my gratitude for putting this together. These recommendations will come in handy!
P.S. My daughter loves this app. It mixes her two favorite things, lions and trains!
Thank you for the nice note. I didn’t realize there were so many educational apps till I started looking. I am sure a lot parents out there are not aware of these good apps. I just want to bring awareness among the busy parents – kids don’t have to play violent games, they will play the good educational games if someone makes these good ones available to them. Please help spread the word, we want more parents know about these good games and offer them to their kids…
Featured you in my recent post 🙂 Hopefully more adults will realize the benefits of utilizing technology to help their children learn!
Thanks! Educational app is a fast growing area. It is hard to keep up … since all parents are so busy. Hope this site can help a little bit.
Thanks for this! Why can’t I like your posts?
Thanks for stopping by at iGameMom. I somehow picked a template without a like button. But readers can always leave a note, just like what you did 🙂
Thanks for the tip. Seems like a great tool. Will check it out.
It is a great app, educational and fun, can engage little ones for a long time.
Got it last night. My 5 year old and 1 year old enjoyed it! Thanks for the tip!
Happy to hear that the kids like the app …
Thanks for all the info ! My sons love trains!
This a very cute app for toddlers. Hope you and your son will both like it, and hope he can learn something while playing the app.
Thanks for the ‘like’! This is a great site! I am new to blogging but can’t see where I can ‘like’ your posts 🙁
I know – I am using a template that doesn’t have “like” button, still trying to figure out, just need some time …
Thanks for visiting and hope you find some apps you feel like to try … either for your baby or yourself.
Wondering when and if you are going to review the Reading Rainbow app?
Thank you for suggesting the app. It could be a good candidate for review …