Zoo Train is a learning app designed for preschoolers, teaching basic concepts of number sequence, word spelling, shapes, and music. It is from the developer who created the Bug Games, which was reviewed and recommended by iGameMom a while ago. It is now $0.99 with 50% off at App Store.
There are 5 games in the app. All games are with bright pictures, cute animations, fun sounding effects and music.
- Picture Puzzles: Kids move pieces around to fit into the picture outline, such as a butterfly. Once a picture is complete, the corresponding word will be read aloud to help kids learn the word, and a train will move closer toward the train station. The train will arrive at the station when the child completes 5 pictures. The child can then choose a sticker to decorate a suitcase.
- Whistle Music: Eight colorful train whistles are in a row, each one blowing a different note. The child can tap on the whistles to make his/her own music, or he/she can listen to one of four classic children’s songs.
- Train Builder: the kid can design his/her own train by selecting an engine, cargo, and caboose. Once he/she build the train, he/she can choose a background. When all choices are made, the training will come alive. The little ones will have fun watching the train they built running through the settings of their choices.
- Word Builder: A train with several cargoes shows up. Each cargo carries a letter. The child has to match the letters above the train to the letters on the train. When all letters are put together, they form a word, such as “car”. When the child does this correctly, the word is announced, and the train starts running.
- Track Tycoon: The kids must use the train track pieces to build a train track. When the track is completed, the train starts going round on the track.
I like this app a lot. Like Bug Games, all elements in this app integrate very well. Picture, music, animation, sound effects, and games, all are at the right age level. The toddlers will love this app.
It works on iPhone, iPod, and iPAD. It is half price off right now, $0.99 at App Store.
If you would like to check it out or purchase it, please use the link provided. The cost is the same to you, but iGameMom gets a small percentage. Thanks for your support!
You May Also Like:
Bug Games: a learning app by the same developer of Zoo Train
Toca Doctor: a medical themed puzzle game app for toddlers
TeachMe Toddler: an age appropriate teaching app for toddler to grade 2
Wee Sing & Learn ABC: an app that effectively teaches letters through touching, listening, reading, and singing.
Curious George at the Zoo: kids will learn things about animals