TeachMe is another app series goes by age level. It has Toddler, Kindergarten, Grade1, Grade2, and Grade3. Each grade covers spelling and basic math. Compared to SplashMath, it is clear that each subject is not comprehensive at all. For example, 2nd grade math only covers addition and subtraction up to two digit numbers. There is no coverage of Time, Money, and Geometry. However, there are things I like about it, especially the Toddler and Kindergarten ones:
- Parent control: You can keep track 4 kids’ progress. As the parents, you can select which subjects you want your kids to practice.
- The interface design for math is very intuitive. For example, for a question of 4-2=? There are 4 fishes shown on the screen, and the kids get to drag 2 fishes into a bucket. This is a very effective visual learning for young kids.
- Frequent fun rewards to keep kids going. When the kids get 3 questions right, they can either get a sticker to decorate a picture, or a coin which can be turned into some other rewards.
• Virtual Aquarium reward (4 types of fish and 40+ items)
• 5 different sticker reward scenes: farm, beach, underwater reef, pirate cove, city
• Over 100 different stickers for adding to scenes
• Save learning information for up to four children
• Can upgrade to 30 children with In App purchase
• Select which subjects should be practiced for each child
• Turn on/off specific questions within a subject
• Change the number of correct questions to earn a reward
• Change the number of questions in a row to mark a question learned
• Tracks performance for each subject item (last five)
• Export sticker rewards scenes to Photos, for emailing or using as wallpaper
Toddler Learning Subjects:
• Letters: A-Z a-z (uppercase and lowercase)
• ABC Phonics: A-Z a-z (uppercase and lowercase)
• Numbers: 1-20
• Shapes: circle, square, triangle, rectangle, oval, star, diamond, octagon, trapezoid
• Colors: black, white, red, green, blue, yellow, orange, purple, brown, pink, gray
• Counting: 1-10
Kindergarten Learning Subjects:
• Sight Words: Dolch (Pre-K), Dolch (K)
• Addition: up to a total of 10
• Subtraction: from 10 down
• Spelling: complete words by choosing the first letter
I like the Toddler and Kindergarten ones. As I mentioned earlier, both content and app features are right for the targeted age. The contents for 1st and 2nd grade are less than I expected. With $0.99 for each app and how much time it can save for the parents on guessing if the other apps will fit the child’s level, it is still not a bad choice.
If you would like to check it out or purchase it, please use the App Store link provided below. The cost is the same to you, but iGameMom gets a small percentage. Thanks for your support! Note: The link works for all countries.