This is an app that helps babies and toddlers understand people all have different feelings and emotions. By showing various pictures of people (mostly kids) with different emotions, it teaches kids to recognize different emotions.
It has a play mode – the flash cards will be randomly shown and read to the kids. You can also choose the game mode – the kids can play some matching games. As parents, you can decide which card to be shown. You can also create your own card from your own picture and record your own voice reading the words.
Features from App Store:
- Add your own cards – record own voice and add own pictures!
- Includes 200+ gorgeous photographs that are carefully hand-picked and selected
- Fun & engaging voice artist keeps kids engaged
- 8 different play modes to show the flashcards anyway you like. Play modes include (image only, word only, flashcard only, word then flashcard, word then image)
- 8 unique game modes including find the item, listening, and reading games
- Fully customizable font size, font color, spelling (upper case, lower case, etc.)
- Unique continuous looping feature so you can go through hundreds of flashcards automatically
- Customizable speed – you decide how fast to go from flashcard to flashcard
- Infant mode – includes ability to select extra large font size and red font color (ideal for babies less than 12 months of age)
- Don’t want to teach your baby a given word? No problem, just delete the card
- Multi-sensory learning tool – combining audio, voice, and written words
I like the concept of the app – teaching young kids about different emotions. I also like the option of adding your own picture and recording your own reading.
This is an app requires parents explain the emotions to kids. It is not an app that parents can use as a baby-sitter leaving the kids play on his own for an extended time period. Instead it provides a tool for parents to talk about the emotions with kids.
In game mode, when two different cards with the same emotions shown among the choices for the same question, you have to choose the particular one the app is looking for to get a smiley face. I see this as a small glitch, and hope it be fixed in the next version.
ABA Flash Card & Games has been free for awhile, but I saw it was $0.99 sometime. It works on iPhone, iPod and iPAD.
If you would like to check it out or purchase it, please use the App Store link provided below. The cost is the same to you, but iGameMom gets a small percentage. Thanks for your support! Note: The link works for all countries.