I have been looking for deals on good educational apps today, since it is Cyber Monday. I am going to share a couple I believe are the best values. The first to share is Chemist. It is like a Chemistry Lab on your iPAD. You can test out your chemistry hypothesis without worrying the potential explosion. It is a perfect gift for those who are taking chemistry classes. However, younger kids in elementary school can also explore some elements and experiments on their own.
The usual price is $4.99, now it is FREE. It only works on iPAD though. The note on App Store says it doesn’t work on the first gen iPAD. However, it seems working on mine.
Introduction on App Store:
No matter whether you are a chemist or not, THIX Chemist is the only one virtual chemistry lab on the App Store for you to study, research or just play like a game. You can pick up and pour the beaker by your fingers. Want to put some cesium(Cs) into a bottle of water? Just try it!
• Virtual Reality: You can pour the beaker, suck and release the burette in the 3D virtual lab and do any operation carefully as you do in the real lab.
• No Danger: You can do some dangerous experiments that you will never have an chance to do in a real lab. For example, put a little peace of Caesium(Cs) into a bottle of water and see what will happen.
• Real-time Computing: Tracing the accurate mass, temperature, density and volume of every substance in every container. You can see all data clearly with the Label tools.
• Play & Learn: Learn from playing. Chemist is definitely designed for everyone, no matter you are good at chemistry or not.
• Environmental Friendly: No waste and pollution of harmful chemical. We are doing our best to simulate the real lab for you. So when you are using Chemist instead of the real chemistry lab, you are lessen the toxicant releasing and protect our planet.
If you would like to check it out or purchase it, please use the App Store button provided below. The cost is the same to you, but iGameMom gets a small percentage. Thanks for your support! Note: The button works for all countries.
Your site is a great resource…I am excited to get this chemistry app for my kids..thanks for the research!
THis is a very useful app for those who are taking chemistry. My son is a little too young for this. But I am saving it for now!
This chemistry one sounds great for our son! He is 7 but in third grade since he skipped kindergarten. He loves science, especially chemistry…he wants to be a scientist when he grows up! I’m getting good ideas here…thanks!
What a smart boy! I highly recommend NOVA Elements. It is a FREE app about period table. With multimedia materials, I bet your son will like it. You can find out more HERE.