Things for iPad and Things (for iPhone iPod) are great productivity apps that help you manage the tasks, or things you have to do. They are chosen as apps of the week on App Store, and are free now, from the respective price of $20 and $10. I just downloaded the apps on both my iPhone and iPad and really like what I see so far. If you are looking for a task management app, don’t miss this opportunity.
What I like about the app:
1. You can have a project, then tasks under each project, which has always been my case, as each project always involves multiple tasks. You can assign due date for each task under the project.
2. You can give different tags to each project – is it a home project or a work project, does it require 30 minutes or 60 minutes, is this project for the yard or the new bathroom renovation.
3. You can sync between different devices using the Things Cloud option.
4. I like the categories of tasks that are very intuitive: Today, Next, Scheduled, and Someday.
5. You can integrate the built-in app Reminder. Once you connect Reminder with Things, you will see those reminders in your Things app as well. If you are a Reminder user, this simplifies the task management a lot.
6. There is a place holder called Inbox, where you can put in the task you need do, but don’t have time to put in the details, such as tag, time, due date. It is handy to have when you just thought of something when you are running around and don’t have time to put in the details. This is a place for you to park those thoughts and to go back later, instead of losing the thoughts.
I have read many reviews raving about this app. With the short experience so far, I like it a lot. Highly recommend for busy parents. It will be handy for the coming holiday season.
Things is available for iPhone, and a separate app for iPad. It is available for Mac computers. The first App Store button is for iPad.
If you would like to check it out or purchase it, please use the App Store link provided below. The cost is the same to you, but iGameMom gets a small percentage. Thanks for your support! Note: The link works for all countries.
For more Apps helping you stay organized? Try Evernote. It goes beyond tasks. You can organize thoughts, pictures, even website clips for each project.