If your kids study any type of music instrument, you probably have used metronome. We had one, but it was broken. Where shopping for a new one, I explored the App Store. Metronome+ is the third metronome app we used at home, and this is a keeper.
The reasons we like this one:
- The interface is very user friendly. It is very easy to set the speed.
- The tempo is very stable.
- The sound is loud enough for the user to hear when playing the instrument.
Introduction from the App Store:
Elegant Interface- We think it’s the best in the app store. Easy to access buttons, swipe to open the menu panel where all settings can be changed with a single tap.
Beautiful Digital Pendulum Animation- Our take on the traditional pendulum motion found on many metronomes. The animation is fluid, accurate and very easy to follow- even in silent mode!
Professional Sound Design- Our sounds have been professionally created and optimized to be as loud and clear as possible when playing through the built in speakers of your iOS device.
Accurate Metronome Engine- The sound engine interfaces directly with low level API’s to give you the most accurate time possible on iOS. No other metronomes on the app store surpass our accuracy.
iPod Multitasking- Play your ipod in the background while using Metronome Plus
Tap tempo- Tap center of screen while paused to enable tap tempo
Drop Down Menu Tab- Simple tap or swipe to reveal the menu bar. From here you can set all functions with a single tap.
- Six distinctive sound sets
- iPod Multitasking- play your ipod in the background
- Tempo range from 30-300
- Meter- 10 most common meters- including 5/8 and 7/8
- Multimeters can be customized with various accent groupings
- Subdivisions- quarters, eighths, sixteenths and triplets
- Voiceover Accessibility- This mode can be enabled in the general iOS settings for visually impaired users.
Metronome+ is the best Metronome App I found so far. We are very happy with it. There are two versions: Free and Full ($1.99). Free version has ads. Full version has no ads, also has more features. Features such as multitasking, subdivisions, and vioceover are not available in free version. Both versions work on iPhone, iPod, and iPAD.
If you would like to check it out or purchase it, please use the App Store button provided below. The cost is the same to you, but iGameMom gets a small percentage. Thanks for your support! Note: The button works for all countries.
Full Version ($1.99) Free Version