Educreations is originally designed for teachers. It turns your iPad into a recordable whiteboard. Users can create an animated story, or a tutorial video, with pictures, adding notations on the pictures, recording voices, and, of course, writing on the board. You can use it teaching almost anything. Once you finish recording, you can share it with people of your choice through email, Facebook or Twitter.
As a FREE app, it is a great teaching tool for teachers and home-school families.
In addition to what it is designed for, I think this is also a great app for kids to create an animated story of their own. Similar to the app StoryKit I introduced before, kids can draw a picture, or load a photo, or type in words, or record a sound.
The differences between the two apps are: The final product of StoryKit is a self-made book, while the final product of Educreations is a continuous video with no pages to turn. However, the neat feature that Educreations has, but StoryKit doesn’t, is you can move the pictures around on the screen during the recording period and the movement of the figure is recorded as part of the video. Imagine a soccer ball moving around the screen by itself! This feature opens the opportunity of great animated productions…
• Record and replay your voice, handwriting and drawings
• Add text to any page
• Add photos from the iPad camera, Photo Albums, Dropbox or the Web
• Animate images by dragging them around while recording
• Pause and resume recording anytime
• Create multiple whiteboard pages
• Undo and redo your actions
• Choose from 10 different ink colors
• Create a free account on educreations.com and choose who can view your lessons
• Share your lessons via email, Facebook and Twitter
• Embed your lessons on your blog or website
This is a great app for teachers, as well as for kids. With this app, kids can let their imagination go wild, create as many videos as they want.
Educreations only works on iPAD. It is FREE at App Store.
If you would like to check it out or purchase it, please use the App Store button provided below. The cost is the same to you, but iGameMom gets a small percentage. Thanks for your support! Note: The button works for all countries.
Looking for more presentation tools? You may like DoodleCast