Have you read Five Little Monkey stories? Do you like it? Now they are available in apps. Five Little Monkeys Collection #1 by Oceanhouse Media was released about a week ago. This is the digital version of the print collection, released in 2009 for the 20th-anniversary of the Five Little Monkeys books, by Eileen Christelow.
This collection includes the following titles:
• Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed: a charming bedtime story sure to send children giggling off to bed . . . hopefully without any clever new ideas.
• Five Little Monkeys Bake a Birthday Cake: the monkeys cooking up a special surprise in the kitchen. But in the end, they’re the ones who get the big surprise.
• Five Little Monkeys Wash the Car: proves that with determination, team work, and a little bit of luck, nearly any task is possible.
• Five Little Monkeys Sitting in a Tree: teaches the monkeys a lesson in teasing (and hiding) when Mr. Crocodile SNAPS at them with his sharp teeth.
• Five Little Monkeys With Nothing to Do: follows the monkeys as they enthusiastically scrub the house for Grandma Beesie’s visit. But amid the excitement, a few things get overlooked.
In print, the Five Little Monkeys has been a favorite of many parents, teachers & kids. In app form, the added educational features make the books more fun.
App features include:
• Picture / Word association — words zoom up and are spoken when pictures are touched. This is one of the best features I like about Oceanhouse Media’s book apps. It is a fun way to expand young kids’ vocabulary.
• Individual word is highlighted when read
• Ability to tap a word to have the single word be read again
• Professional audio narration • Custom background audio for each scene
• Pages pan & zoom to accentuate the colorful, original artwork
• This ‘Universal App’ is optimized for Retina displays and the iPad
• 5 Books in 1! Switch between titles from the main menu!
There are three ways to use the app:
• “Read to Me” — listen to the narrated story with words highlighted as they are read
• “Read it Myself” — read the book in its traditional form.
• “Auto Play” — plays like a movie, automatically reading and turning pages. Great for younger children!
If the traditional books of the same title are good, the ‘Five Monkeys’ book apps are more fun than they were in print. This is a great series for kids age up to 7. Toddlers will enjoy the auto play. Learner reader will learn reading while enjoying the story. It is available at App Store for $11.99.
If you would like to check it out or purchase it, please use the link provided. The cost is the same to you, but iGameMom gets a small percentage. Thanks for your support!
On App Store: Five Little Monkeys Collection #1 – Oceanhouse Media
On Amazon: Five Little Monkeys Collection #1 on Amazon
On Nook: Five Little Monkeys Collection #1