Today is World Autism Awareness Day. The developer of the AutismTrack app set the app FREE for TODAY ONLY. Its normal price is $50.
I won’t have time to check it out, but want to pass on the info to everyone.
From the App Store:
AutismTrack™ (by HandHold Adaptive®, makers of iPrompts®) is a journaling tool that empowers caregivers of those with autism to easily track interventions, behaviors and symptoms.
Checkboxes allow daily recording of any therapy, medicine or diet. Simple “sliders” allow rating of any behavior or symptom (e.g., eye contact, aggression and echolalic speech).
AutismTrack™ can help parents of children with ASD answer the ongoing and ever-puzzling question: “What seems to be working, and what’s not?”
Daily log screens provide a snapshot of any particular day’s interventions and behaviors. Users may also graph symptoms and monitor compliance over periods of time. These daily logs and trend reports may be emailed (in PDF format), so that parents and other caregivers can review useful information on their search to discover the unique patterns and trends experienced by individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
AutismTrack™ gives parents, central figures in the autism community, more control. Without a convenient tool to track what’s occurring from day to day, parents often feel confused and overwhelmed with treatment options – but they needn’t feel this way any longer.
* EASY TO USE: It takes only a few minutes to enter the day’s information. AutismTrack™ doesn’t bog parents down with long surveys – information is entered in a simple, easily understood format.
* CUSTOM JOURNALING: Caregivers can add their own interventions and behaviors to the standard data sets available within the app, and can add notes to supplement compliance checklists and sliding-scale behavior ratings.
* ANY PERSON, ANY TIME: Multiple caregivers can track a single child, which is useful in achieving “consensus” around the child’s current level of performance, or in simply confirming whether or not medications were already administered for the day. AutismTrack™ runs on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad (an Internet connection is required).
* EMAILABLE AND PRINTABLE REPORTS: Tracked data is available in an emailable and printable form, so that caregivers can provide reporting to educators, researchers, doctors, and friends.
* SERVER-BASED: Caregivers who register to use AutismTrack™ can rest assured that if their device gets lost or breaks, data is recoverable through HandHold Adaptive’s secure server.
If you would like to check it out or download it, please use the link provided. The cost is the same to you, but iGameMom gets a small percentage. I hope, with your support, I can test more apps and share back with everyone.