Many studies have shown that taking notes by handwriting helps kids better understand the material, better at connecting the dots of what they know, and memorizing more of the content. However, we also know digitized notes are easier to keep and organize. It will be ideal if you can take handwriting notes on iPad or other tablets then easily digitize the notes. MyScript Smart Notes is just an app letting you do that.
It is best to go through the tutorial when you first start the app. There is a quick tutorial inside the app teaching the new users how to write, and how to edit. For more help, kids can tap on the little gear icon at the top right corner of the screen, and then tap on Help at the bottom of the pop up menu. This will lead kids to help section of the app’s website. So you need internet connection to get this additional help.
The features I liked about this app:
1. You can hand write the note, and you can edit, such as erase certain letter, or a word in a sentence by crossing out the letter or word, and they will disappear from the screen in a second.
2. you can change the layout of the note by moving certain words closer, making the space between certain letters or words bigger or smaller; changing the color of particular word or letter, instead of the whole note page.
3. All words are searchable, even if they are handwritten. This makes it easier for note reviews.
4. All words in the notes can be digitized into printing text while exporting.
5. Kids can export any part of the notes to other text applications, such as pages, keynote. They can also export the file as PDF.
6. Kids can look up the meaning of certain words in a dictionary or wikipedia or Google.
7. Kids can import image files into the note, and add voice recording to the notes.
8. Kids can add drawings into the note with the drawing pen.
9. The app supports and recognizes notes in 54 languages.
MyScript Smart Note is available for iPhone, iPod and iPad. It is also available on Google Play for Android.
If you would like to check it out or purchase it, please use the App Store link provided below. The cost is the same to you, but iGameMom gets a small percentage. Thanks for your support! Note: The link works for all countries.
Looking for more note-taking apps? You will like Notability.